Do you have time to deep clean your entire house and keep it that way? In today’s busy society, you probably don’t. Many people struggle to balance work and family with their domestic responsibilities. If one thing gets pushed to the side, it’s usually housework.
If you find yourself overwhelmed with the task of keeping your house clean, you may want to consider the benefits of hiring a professional house cleaning company such as Dust Queen to delegate your chores to.
Before you do, however, you want to make sure you are comfortable with the company that is sending a stranger into your home. Having questions is completely comfortable and any professional cleaning company will be more than happy to answer them.
To ensure you are choosing the right individuals to come into your home, here are some tips on what to look for when hiring a cleaning company:
What to Consider When Hiring a Cleaning Company
Everyone has personal preferences as to how they want their house cleaned. Not every cleaning company is created equal but most are flexible and willing to work with your wishes and expectations.
Here are some things to keep in mind when hiring a cleaning company:
- References: You can ask the cleaning company to provide you with references or you can search online for a company rating.
- Availability: Be sure that the cleaning company is available to clean on your schedule. Some companies have blackout times, such as holidays, in which they do not book clients.
- Green Cleaning: If you have allergies and sensitivities, or are striving to reduce your carbon footprint and lead a healthier life, you may want to opt for a company that uses green products when cleaning. Dust Queen, for example, uses only biodegradable and environmentally safe products that contain no harsh chemicals.
- Customizable Packages: Most cleaning companies offer a basic package (such as Dust Queen’s Complete Cleaning Package) – however, you may not require all the services provided in the package. Check to see if the cleaning company is flexible with removing unnecessary services or adding in ones that aren’t included in the package.
A cleaning company should be ready and willing to make your life easier. That’s why our expert cleaners do their job and do it extraordinarily well – to put you at ease so you can focus on enjoying your life!
Questions to Ask Potential House Cleaners
Apart from the above considerations for hiring a professional house cleaner, you may want to ask the company some more detailed questions about how they run their business.
Most company websites have a FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section where they will address questions that customers commonly ask. Companies want to be able to provide you with as much information as possible so can make an informed decision.
If there is no FAQ provided, however, you may want to ask the following questions:
- Are you bonded and insured? A reputable cleaning company will carry both liability and worker’s compensation insurance to protect you and their employees in case of an injury related to the cleaning job. Without these protections, you (as the homeowner) could be held responsible for injuries sustained by those working in your home.
- Do you require any training or certifications for your staff? While home-cleaning certification may not be a requirement in all areas, companies who require special training and certification show that they are dedicated to safety and professionalism.
- Do you do background checks on your staff? Ask about local and federal background screenings. These are basic screenings that include drug screenings and criminal record checks. This is especially important since you will be allowing employees into your home unsupervised either by yourself or the company.
- What is your conflict resolution strategy? You’ll want to know how complaints against employees are handled by the company. Are employees held accountable for the quality of work they do? How do they keep track of this? Most house cleaning companies operate with a checklist employees are asked to fill out to ensure the job is properly completed.
Be weary of a cleaning company that is hesitant to answer your questions and address your concerns.
What to Expect from a House Cleaner
When hiring and paying a professional house cleaning company to clean your home, you should expect outstanding service and superior customer service. Their employees should be dedicated to ensuring your home is spotless.
Professional house cleaners perform a range of services depending on your needs and budget. Some services require an extra charge.
A typical cleaning package should include:
- • Cleaning floors (vacuuming, sweeping, mopping)
- • High and low dusting (including windows, window sills and ledges)
- • Wiping door handles and light switches/fixtures
- • Emptying trash
- • Cleaning kitchen appliance exteriors
- • Wiping counters and cabinet exteriors
- • Cleaning and disinfecting toilet
- • Cleaning sinks, tubs and showers
You can expect this (and more!) from our expert cleaners at Dust Queen. We are dedicated to providing thorough and professional cleaning services to meet your needs and budget.
Does your house need a good cleaning? Are you ready to delegate the task? Contact us today for your free quote!